Soaring Eagle Casino Gets Four Diamond Rating - Thursday 30th of March 2006
DEARBORN, Michigan – The City of Ann Arbor has joinedthe list of Michigan cities with AAA Four Diamond properties. During aspecial luncheon ceremony conducted at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort inMount Pleasant today (March 28), The Earle Uptown, located at 300 South Thayerin Ann Arbor, received its first AAA Four-Diamond plaque.
In all, 22 Michigan properties earned the prestigious AAA Four DiamondAward(R) for hospitality excellence this year, and one restaurant The 1913Room at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel in Grand Rapids earned five diamondsfor a fourth consecutive year. The 1913 Room is the first restaurant inMichigan to attain five-diamond status and is one of only 48 restaurantsnationwide to earn the distinction.
Ten restaurants and 12 lodging establishments in Michigan now carry thefour-diamond rating. In 2006, just 3.4 percent of the more than 32,000 AAARated(R) lodgings and 3 percent of the nearly 25,000 AAA Rated(R) restaurantswere awarded the prestigious AAA Four Diamond designation. AAA's more than 49million members rely on diamond ratings in the AAA TourBook(R) guide to assistthem in choosing an establishment.
More than 65 AAA/CAA tourism editors visit over 70,000 lodgings,campgrounds, restaurants, and attractions each year throughout the UnitedStates, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Tourism editors conductunannounced evaluations of lodgings and restaurants, scrutinizing such areasas cleanliness, ambiance, amenities, and service.
According to AAA guidelines, guests staying at a Four Diamond property inMichigan will find establishments "upscale in design and amenities, attentiveto detail and with a high level of hospitality."
Michigan establishments receiving 2006 Four Diamond awards include:
* Amway Grand Plaza Hotel (Grand Rapids, 21 consecutive years)
* The Townsend Hotel (Birmingham, 18 years)
* Ritz-Carlton of Dearborn (Dearborn, 17 years)
* The Atheneum Suite Hotel (Detroit, 13 years)
* Radisson Plaza at Kalamazoo Center (Kalamazoo, 13 years)
* Grand Hotel (Mackinac Island, 12 years)
* Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort (Mount Pleasant, 8 years)
* Hyatt Regency Dearborn (Dearborn, 4 years)
* Westin Hotel Southfield (Southfield, 4 years)
* Westin Detroit Metro Airport (Romulus, 3 years)
* The Dearborn Inn (Dearborn, 3 years)
* Radisson Hotel Detroit (Bloomfield Hills, 2 years)
* The Lark Restaurant (West Bloomfield, 16 consecutive years)
* Webster's (Kalamazoo, 13 years)
* Tribute (Farmington Hills, 9 years)
* Iridescence (Detroit, 5 years)
* Rugby Grille (Birmingham, 5 years)
* The Grill at the Ritz-Carlton (Dearborn, 4 years)
* Cafe Cortina (Farmington Hills, 3 years)
* Il Posto Ristorante (Southfield, 3 years)
* Cygnus (Grand Rapids, 2 years)
* The Earle Uptown (Ann Arbor, 1 year)
Diamond ratings will be included for each lodging and restaurant listed inthe 2006 AAA Michigan/Wisconsin TourBook(R) one of a series of populartravel guides published for AAA members in the U.S. and Canada.
Other news from around the same time
Kamloops Council Support Larger Casino - Thursday 30th of March 2006
KAMLOOPS, BC As reported by Kamloops This Week: "City council is expected to support the proposed ....
Trump's Casino Pay Topped $2M. in 2005 - Thursday 30th of March 2006
ATLANTIC CITY As reported by the Press of Atlantic City: "Donald Trump was paid nearly $2.3 millio....
Mystery Celebrity Wins $32K Casino Jackpot - Thursday 30th of March 2006
LAS VEGAS, Nevada A mystery music celebrity has won a big casino jackpot at Aces.com, but respec....
Blackpool Unveils Plans - Thursday 30th of March 2006
UNITED KINGDOM – As reported by the Blackpool UK Stage: "Council has formally unveiled its plans ....
BingoTek Announces First UK Bingo License - Thursday 30th of March 2006
LONDON, UK BingoTek (www.bingotek.com) has consolidated its position as the leading provider of....
City Casino Competitors Escalate War of Words - Thursday 30th of March 2006
PENNSYLVANIA As reported by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: "It's only March. Months, if not a full y....
California Tribal Gaming Funds Bill Signed - Thursday 30th of March 2006
SACRAMENTO, California – Governor Schwarzenegger todaysigned Senate Bill 288, authored by Senat....
Germans Online Betting Increases - Thursday 30th of March 2006
GERMANY – As reported by the Heise: "In 2005, Germans spent around 3.3 billion euros gambling and....
IGV Ltd. Acquires ImperialPoker.com - Thursday 30th of March 2006
LONDON – IGV Limited, (privately held), which ownsand operates the web site, PokerSyndicate.com....
Slotland Introduces Yet Another Real-Money Mobile Slot Machine - Thursday 30th of March 2006
LONDON, UK –- Following on the success of their first two real-money slot machine games for the....