Ameristar Casino Debuts in Black Hawk - Tuesday 11th of April 2006
BLACK HAWK, Colorado – Ameristar Casinos, Inc. (Nasdaq: ASCA) today proudly debuted its newly renovated and expanded Black Hawk casino and announced the details of its 33-story, 536-room, four-diamond-quality hotel. The Company plans to begin construction on the site in May 2006.
The all-new Ameristar Casino Black Hawk was formerly known as Mountain High Casino and now features expanded parking, refurbished and rebranded dining venues, additional gaming space, new slot product and a Star Club for top players.
In addition to the current property enhancements, Ameristar Casinos, Inc. President and CEO Craig H. Neilsen was on hand to announce details of the property's planned hotel. The 33-story tower's 536 well-appointed, oversized rooms will feature upscale furnishings including 42" plasma TVs, wireless high-speed internet access, and bathrooms with LCD screens, double vanities and a separate tub and shower.
Suites will feature double-sided fireplaces and whirlpool tubs set in bedroom window bays to take advantage of magnificent mountain views. A three dimensional scale model of the hotel will be on display at the property throughout construction for public viewing.
The hotel will include Black Hawk's only swimming pool and indoor and outdoor spas set within an open-air terrazzo on the hotel's top floor with operable glass walls on two sides that can be enclosed during winter months while preserving magnificent mountain views. The craftsman-inspired design embraces the outdoor panorama with 14' tall glass doors and transoms at the pool deck perimeter. The pool's rustic setting will be crafted from natural materials including dry-stacked quarried stone and heavy timber wood beams and trusses with wrought iron details. An expansive skylight will span the large pool and two dramatic recessed fire pits on an outside deck will provide a breathtaking mountain overlook.
The hotel's full-service outdoor/indoor day spa, WAV, will feature five interior treatment rooms, a whirlpool, sauna and steam rooms and a covered balcony with additional seasonal treatment areas and mineral soak tubs. The tranquil spa atmosphere will include focal water features, including a full-size water wall in the men's and women's lounge areas. Spa services will include experiential showers as well as traditional spa offerings including massages, scrubs, facials, pedicures and manicures. Adjacent to the spa will be a 1,000 square foot fitness center with more than 20 cardiovascular and weight training machines.
Our Meeting Center will include a main ballroom, a junior ballroom, break-out rooms, pre-function space, a business center and a boardroom. The main ballroom can be converted into an event center for special entertainment, boxing matches and other functions. The property will also feature multiple hospitality suites.
"With sweeping views of the surrounding vistas and luxurious accommodations, this project will bring a four-diamond-quality resort destination to Black Hawk that will be an exceptional addition to the leisure opportunities in the Denver metropolitan area," said Neilsen. "This project not only reflects Ameristar's innovation and creativity, we believe it will set a new standard of excellence in the market."
With a total cost of $180 million, the hotel and related amenities is part of a larger $380 million capital project that began when Ameristar purchased the property in December 2004.
Projects that have been completed to date have substantially enhanced the atmosphere and amenity offerings at the property. The renovations and upgrades that were unveiled to the public today include:
* The largest on-site parking facility in Black Hawk, a 10-story, 1,550-space parking garage that is complemented by an additional 650-car capacity valet service;
* An expanded two-story casino with almost 1,600 of the latest and most popular slot products featuring Ticket In/Ticket Out coinless slot technology as well as 25 table games, including live poker;
* The property's signature steakhouse, The Timberline Grill, that redefines upscale dining in the Black Hawk market. Guests entering the restaurant will feel as if they've arrived at their own gracious mountain retreat, surrounded by reclaimed timber and intricately detailed woodwork. The menu features innovative interpretations of classic American steakhouse cuisine in an intimate mountain lodge setting;
* A renovated Centennial Buffet offering a delectable array of international dishes at seven exhibition-style cooking stations in a relaxing, rustic atmosphere;
* A center of activity and literal focal point, Bar 8042, in the middle of the casino, featuring soaring two-story fireplaces, plasma TVs and live entertainment;
* A private retreat for top players, the Star Club offers a quiet place to relax in an atmosphere characterized by warm mahogany woods, rich granite details, plush furnishings and welcoming hospitality. The club's upscale buffet features a variety of freshly-prepared food options, such as carved tenderloin, crab, shrimp and specialty desserts;
* Unexpected abundance in the casino's recently revamped deli, the Waypost Deli, featuring a new look, extended menu and additional hours of operation; and
* A unique shopping experience in the new Merk & Tyler retail store, offering a wide selection of Ameristar logo merchandise, collectables, jewelry, stylish apparel and gift items for all occasions.
"With this renovation, Ameristar has created a property that reflects the extraordinary standards for quality that our company is known for," said Michelle Shriver, General Manager of Ameristar Casino Black Hawk. "We believe that Black Hawk, Denver and the entire metro area will be extremely impressed."
Other news from around the same time
Tioga Downs Gets Loan - Tuesday 11th of April 2006
HOUSTON, Texas – Nevada Gold & Casinos, Inc. (AMEX:UWN), today announced that Tioga Downs Race....
Internet Gaming Bill Receives Resistance in House Subcommittee Hearing - Tuesday 11th of April 2006
By Aaron ToddRep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) brought legislation proposing restrictive measures on Inter....
Woman Wins $500,000 Slot Jackpot - Tuesday 11th of April 2006
JACKSON, California – As reported by the Stockton Record: "A Lodi woman received an unexpected an....
County May Appeal Casino's Trust Status - Tuesday 11th of April 2006
MINNESOTA – As reported by the Grand Forks Herald: "Mahnomen (Minn.) County board is considering ....
MGM Grand Detroit Design Revealed - Tuesday 11th of April 2006
DETROIT, Michigan – As reported by the Detroit News: "The new permanent MGM Grand Detroit Casino ....
GameAccount Appoints New CEO - Tuesday 11th of April 2006
LAS VEGAS – GameAccount, the world's largest integrated network of skill-based P2P games, is pl....
Anti-Gambling Foe Defends Proposal - Tuesday 11th of April 2006
by Tony BattLas Vegas Gaming WireWASHINGTON, DC After originally expressing reservations about a ....
Red Rock Resort Gets Solid Reviews - Tuesday 11th of April 2006
by Rod SmithLas Vegas Gaming WireLAS VEGAS Rave reviews from Wall Street analysts for Red Rock Res....
Celebrities' Casino Plan Falls Apart - Tuesday 11th of April 2006
MONTREAL, Quebec – As reported by the Montreal Gazette: "The casino project that Brad Pitt and Ge....
Powerball Jackpot Reaches $195 Million - Tuesday 11th of April 2006
UNITED STATES –- The Powerball jackpot continues toclimb. Even though the grand prize was not ....