PokerTek Publishes U.S. Utility Patent Applications - Friday 5th of May 2006
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina PokerTek, Inc. (NASDAQ:PTEK) announces the publication of 25 U.S. Utility Patent Applications at the end of March 2006. The newly published patent applications cover a broad range of the functions included in the Company's PokerPro(TM) system. The text of the published patent applications can be found by searching "PokerTek" on the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office's website
The 25 newly published Patent Applications (which are listed below) join the company's first Utility Patent Application which published in 2005 (US Published Patent Application 20050090304) and US Design Patent 512,466. A number of the Company's filed patent applications have yet to be published and the Company is continually reviewing its developments for inventions which may be protected by patents.
Patent applications are published approximately 18 months after they are filed and typically before examination by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and thus, they do not grant any rights in the claimed invention, such rights only arising once, and if, a patent is issued.
PokerTek Published Patent Applications
1. 20060068899 - Electronic Card Table System with Jackpot Features
2. 20060068879 - Electronic Poker Table and Method
3. 20060068871 - System and Method for Detecting Collusion Between Poker Players
4. 20060068870 - Electronic Card Table and Method with Host Console
5. 20060068869 - Cashless Electronic Poker Table and Method
6. 20060068868 - System and Method for Providing an Electronic Card Game
7. 20060068867 - Electronic Card Table System and Method
8. 20060068866 - Electronic Card Table and Method
9. 20060068865 - Electronic Card Table Having a Display Device for Implementing Electronic Player Interaction Areas
10. 20060068864 - Electronic Player Interaction Area with Player Customer Interaction Features
11. 20060068498 - Electronic Card Table and Method
12. 20060066052 - Electronic Player Interaction Area with Player Customer Interaction Features
13. 20060058093 Electronic Card Table and Method for Displaying Video/Animation Thereon
14. 20060058092 - Electronic Card Table and Method
15. 20060058091 - Queuing System and Method for Electronic Card Table System
16. 20060058090 - System and Method for Playing an Electronic Card Game
17. 20060058089 - Electronic Card Table and Method with Player Tracking
18. 20060058088 - System and Method for providing an electronic poker game
19. 20060058087 - Electronic Card Table and Method with variable rake
20. 20060058086 - System and Method for Providing Electronic Card Game at a Plurality of Electronic Poker Tables
21. 20060058085 - Electronic Player Interaction Area with Player Customer Interaction Features
22. 20060058084 - Electronic Card Table
23. 20060058083 - Electronic Card Table and Method for Providing a Timed Electronic Card Game
24. 20060058082 - System and Method for Providing a Card Tournament Using One or More Electronic Card Tables
25. 20060055114 - Electronic Card Table with Hinged Table Top
Other news from around the same time
Powerball Jackpot Grows to $73 Million - Friday 5th of May 2006
UNITED STATES – The Powerball jackpot continues togrow to the delight of players all over Ameri....
Progressive Gaming Obtains Approval in Nevada - Friday 5th of May 2006
LAS VEGAS Progressive Gaming International Corporation (NASDAQ: PGIC) a leading provider of dive....
Ameristar Casino Reveals $240 Million Expansion Details - Friday 5th of May 2006
ST. CHARLES, Missouri – Ameristar Casino St. Charles has begun construction on a highly anticip....
WSOP Changes Dates For $50,000 Buy-In 'HORSE' Event - Friday 5th of May 2006
LAS VEGAS The dates for the new, $50,000 buy-in HORSE contest at the 2006 World Series of Poker ....
Wyoming Committee Authorizes Powerball Legislation - Thursday 4th of May 2006
CHEYENNE, Wyoming – As reported by the Casper Star-Tribune: "In the latest push to make Wyoming a....
$8.45 Million Jackpot Still Unclaimed - Thursday 4th of May 2006
AUGUSTA, Maine – As reported by the Kennebec Journal: "State lottery officials are still waiting ....
Oregon Tribe Applies for Casino - Thursday 4th of May 2006
OREGON – As reported by the KBCI News: "The Treasure Valley could become home to casino-style gam....
Full Tilt Poker, Hendon Mob Join Forces - Thursday 4th of May 2006
CALIFORNIA – Full Tilt Poker and the UK's notorious Hendon Mob have joined forces creating an i....
Guam Judge Rejects Casino Election Request - Thursday 4th of May 2006
GUAM – As reported by the Pacific Daily News: "Opponents of legalized casino gambling on Guam sco....
Gaming CEOs Speak At ECGC - Thursday 4th of May 2006
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey -– Five of gaming's mostinfluential chief executives will share the s....